top of page
Barely Half of First Ward Residents Feel Safe in Their Neighborhoods (1)
How has First Ward Commissioner Kurt Reppart responded to his constituents' fears amid rising crime?
July 7, 2020
Reppart voted to cut the GRPD budget by almost $400,000. Reppart stated that he wanted to initiate "a process that will substantially reduce the funding for the police department. (2)
September 28, 2021
Reppart was the only vote against accepting a Department of Justice grant for Community Oriented Policing services. (4)
The Reppart Response
DEFUND - DECLINE - DISARM
Call Commissioner Reppart at 616-456-3578 and ask him to stop trying to defund the police.
1. National Community Survey Key Findings, Grand Rapids, 2022 (National Community Survey (grandrapidsmi.gov)
2. City Commission Meeting (7/7/2020)
3. Committee of the Whole Meeting (11/17/2020)
4. City Commission Meeting (9/28/22)
5. Special City Commission Meeting (5/3/22)
bottom of page